TO MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE THE HEALTH AND APPEARANCE OF SKIN
- HOW LACK OF OXYGEN MAKES BACTERIA CAUSE ACNE AND HOW TO STOP IT.
One Moment bacteria on the skin are harmless, the next they are causing a full-on break out. A harmless bacterium that lives on the surface of the skin can turn nasty, triggering inflammation and zits, when it finds itself trapped in airless, oily conditions like those found in hair follicles. It could be that some people’s hair follicles are especially suffocating.
Teenagers are most vulnerable to outbreaks because surges in sex hormones during puberty drive the production of extra sebum in the skin. We can either inhibit these fatty acids, or block their impact on the skin.
Some Options Are: Oxygen Facial, Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Dermaplaning, or Laser Hair Removal.
- EXFOLIATE + MOISTURE PARCHED SKIN RE-TEXTURING ACTIVATOR
With an oil-free delivery system, this serum simultaneously exfoliates and replenishes moisture for smooth, radiant skin
– Helps reinforce skin’s barrier and balance moisture levels.
– Stimulates enzymes that help break the bonds that bind dead cells to the surface of the skin, to improve radiance and skin texture.
– Ideal for all skin types.
- FADE THE APPEARANCE OF DISCOLORATION + BRIGHTEN SKIN TONE
ADVANCED PIGMENT CORRECTOR
A daily multi-action emulsion to reduce the appearance of stubborn discoloration and improve luminosity
– Exfoliates skin to reduce the visible signs of discoloration
– Evens overall skin tone for a renewed look of radiance
– Ideal for all skin types
- HYDRATION IN 24 HOURS
TRIPLE LIPID RESTORE 2:4:2
- Top tips for looking younger include: stop or reduce smoking, good skin care regime, including moisturizers for women and men, sensible diet including fruit/veg., minimal exposure to the sun, and drink plenty of water and reduce caffeine.
- Sunscreens will have a new star rating system that rates protection from aging & cancer – causing UVA rays. The more stars a product has, the higher the UVA protection – and the labels may also state how long you can stay in the sun without burning.
- Major causes of age spots, wrinkles and sagging skin are sun exposure, the break down of collagen and gravity. Fighting back is easier today than ever before with available treatments such as Photo Facials, Pixel Treatments, Restylane (a dermal filler) and Dysport (smoothes frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet around the eyes) Check our web site
- Remember its essential to always protect your skin from the sun all year long. Wear sunscreen regardless of where you live and the time of year. Regular sunscreen use is even more important if you are treating your face with alpha- or beta-hydroxy acids, or getting peels – all of which can leave your skin more sensitive to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- Tips for looking younger include: stop smoking, good skin care regime, including moisturizers for women and men, sensible diet including fruit & veggies, minimal exposure to the sun & drink plenty of water and reduce caffeine.
- It’s starting to cool down now that winter’s on its way. Remember to keep your skin looking great by exfoliating the dead skin cells. In our SkinSational Med Spa we have a wonderful medical grade Microdermabrasion treatment to give your skin a nice healthy glow…then follow up with a good moisturizer.
- Damage from free radicals is one of the causes of fine lines and uneven skin tone. Use an anti-oxidant after cleansing and before putting on sunscreen.
- Speed up the rate at which the body sheds dead skin. Retin-A (Vitamin A) stimulates collagen production making skin look plumper and fine lines smoother. It normalizes cells exposed to UV rays effectively undoing sun damage. We have several retinol products in our SkinSational Med Spa. What is your favorite retinol product?
- treat every day like a sunny day. Think of sunscreen as a 365-day-a-year requirement. Your skin will thank you!
- Eating organic can actually improve your skin. Non-organic food that gets pumped with hormones like meat, chicken, & dairy, can cause hormonal acne. Adult acne in women over 40 is always hormone-related, so its better to use organic dairy.
- Make a commitment to having healthy skin this Winter. You can do that by always using a daily facial moisturizer that contains sunscreen. Use products that contain glycolic acid if you can tolerate it and don’t forget regular microdermabrasions. Great for getting rid of that dead skin and giving you a nice healthy glow!
- Glycolic Acid Peels rejuvenate the skin by means of exfoliating the top layer of dead skin cells and stimulating cellular renewal. After a series of Glycolic Acid peels your skin will be revitalized, younger and healthier looking. They reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, lighten dark (age spots) for a more even skin tone, and smooth and soften the skin’s texture. They also help to open clogged pores. My SkinSational Med Spa offers these peels that are good for women, men and teens.
- Why should I have Microdermabrasion? Your skin will feel clean and fresh and have a rejuvenated glow! Microdermabrasion is a treatment that uses fine crystals along with vacuum pressure to remove dead skin cells in the upper layers of the epidermis, which promotes the growth of new skin. Treatments last 20-30 minutes and are very soothing. You can resume normal activities immediately. Treatments can be repeated as often as once a week, with a series of 4-10 sessions. Remember to wear a moisturizing sun block cream.
- Did you know extensive research shows that in addition to sunscreens, topical retinoids are the most important treatment to combat and reverse the signs of aging, including hyperpigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and skin roughness.
- Friends: It’s a myth that everyone’s skin ages the same way. Oily skin gets the last laugh. You may have cursed your T-zone in college, but oil naturally moisturizes & protects skin from aging. Dry skin shows fine lines earlier, no thanks to an impaired outer barrier that lets youth preserving moisture out and aging irritants in.
- Simple ways to save your skin. Seasons change and so do our skin care needs. Before the effects of heat, humidity and summer sun take effect, update your beauty routine. While each person’s skin care concerns are unique, there are a few rules that apply to all. Pamper & protect using a moisturizer with an SPF of 15 or higher. Be “Sun Smart” – Basking in the warm summer sun may be tempting but the end result is not. Repeat sunscreen applications throughout the day. Use a self tanner, it is a safe alternative to tanning and delivers the same end result. Finally, wear sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat to limit sun exposure. It will ensure good skin for years to come and your skin will thank you!
- Keep your weight steady. Gaining and losing a significant amount of weight alters the appearance of your face and can make the skin looser and saggier.
- Minimize stress. It can make you break out from the adrenal gland secretion of hormones and ages you.
- Use a gentle touch. It’s important to use a cleanser with an acidic PH but don’t over cleanse; it will create more inflammation.
- Don’t use a straw when drinking. The constant pursing activity creates lip lines.
- Remember to take care of your chest, hands and neck. They’re thinner, age more rapidly and are harder to repair. Moisturize! For hands you can use your face cream and always use sunscreen.
- Have you tried sleeping in a facemask? Their purpose is to create a permeable seal on top of your skin that makes anything underneath it penetrate better. Sleep masks are light and tacky, meaning they stick to your skin instead of gunking up your hair and pillow case.
- The purpose of cleansing is to remove sweat, dirt, bacteria, and makeup from your skin. The more effective you are at removing all the junk on your skin, the better all the stuff you put on top will work.