People who have unwanted under-eye bags or drooping eyelids may seek blepharoplasty, which is the medical term for eyelid surgery. If you feel the time has come where you want your eyes to look younger and tighter, consider eyelid surgery with our expert surgeon. Before you make an appointment, it’s important to do your research and ask questions first for the best outcome.
Meeting with the Surgeon
The first step to eyelid surgery is meeting with a surgeon. This is an important part of the process because it will provide you with an opportunity to learn everything you don’t already know. You’ll want to prepare for your consultation by getting a list of questions ready. Many times, people find making a physical list works best to ensure no question is forgotten and nothing is left unanswered.
Questions About the Surgeon
If someone is going to do surgery on your eyes, it’s best to know about them and make sure you feel confident with their ability to perform the surgery. Below are some things to consider asking your surgeon:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Do you specialize in facial plastic surgery?
- Is your surgical facility clean and sterile?
Questions About Eyelid Surgery
Because there is more than one standard way of doing blepharoplasty, typically the surgeon will have their own way of performing the procedure. You’ll want to learn all about it to see if it’s the right choice for you. Here are some questions to consider asking to help figure that out:
- Why should I get blepharoplasty over other procedures?
- Do I need an upper or lower blepharoplasty, or both?
- Will I also need a brow or forehead lift in addition to the blepharoplasty?
- What kind of eyelid surgery technique do you use?
- What can I do to prepare for this procedure?
Questions About the Recovery Process
If you’ve asked questions about the surgeon and the procedure, it’s a good idea to ask questions about how things will go after the procedure. Here are some examples:
- Will there be discomfort following the surgery?
- Will I need medications?
- If I need medications, what should I expect to take?
- Do I need to take time off for recovery?
- Approximately how long should the recovery process take?
Questions About the Outcome
If you’re putting time and energy into getting eyelid surgery, you should have a good idea of what the outcome will be like. Here are some questions you could consider to help you figure this out:
- Are the results of blepharoplasty permanent?
- Do you have before and after pictures I can look at before I commit to surgery?
- What are your success rates?
- What are the benefits of this surgery?
If you feel blepharoplasty is right for you, make sure you find out every detail possible. This is your body, and you’ll want to make sure it’s a well-informed decision. To get started in the process, make an appointment at Hanna Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Hinsdale. Contact us today to set up your consultation!